Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Weekend Update

or is it a recap?  I think that would have been a better word, but whatevs.

As my last post suggested I was sick all weekend and week previous. 

On Friday my mom  graduated with honors from Penn State.  She now has her Masters in Project Management.  Mom-I'm so proud of you.  2009 has been such a great year for her!  She flew to PA with my dad so she could walk in her ceremony.

I got my Christmas tree in the mail!  I know, sounds weird, but I ordered it from Wal-mart.com because I don't have a way to get it home-it was only 97 cent shipping!  It's a 7 foot prelit (white) tree.  I love it.  I've never been a fan of artificial trees but being single and it just being CJ and I, I've decided to conform.

Yesterday, Monday, was a very big day in our house.  I know it wasn't the weekend but it was too big of a day for me.  CJ had his last autism evaluation appointment.  We go the results...and...he's NOT autistic!  Such a relief.  So, if he's not autistic then what's wrong with him? That's what I asked the psychologist.  He has a language/speech disorder (he's at about a 3 year old level) and a sensory/processing disorder.  That's the formal name.  It's such a relief to have answers!

Today, CJ and I just chilled.  He had a lunch date with Grandma.  He loves going out with Grandma! Who doesn't? Grandma is so fun to shop with!  While alone I relaxed, loaded the dishwasher and brought Santa gifts in the house!

I can't wait for Christmas!

Oh, and I know I've been slacking on the picture thing lately.  Well, we haven't really done anything that warrants pictures.  I know, we suck LOL  I'm hoping that with school starting next month for both of us and making new friends there will be plenty of opprotunity for some pictures :)  That and CJ decided to play with my camera and managed to rip off the front of the lens.  Gotta love a point and shoot-I think it might be time to upgrade to a nice camera that he is not to touch!

No comments: