Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The best day ever!!!

So, as many of you know (or don't know, can't remember who I've told), I work as a personal assistant to Patty Burling. She is the owner of Simply Elegant events and Mountain Avenue Bridal. I have hit my six week mark working with her and I must say, I love my job...and I'm great at it!

Let's start with Saturday. Saturday I sold a dress. An expensive one. It was our giveaway weekend (we were giving away a Vegas trip, limo service for their wedding and a hair/makeup for the bride) and we were booked solid. I worked five hours and sold one dress. Not bad for someone that doesn't really work the boutique!

So typically my duties are do to personal and professional duties for the owner. They generally include anything from cleaning her house to arranging a flight...anything...think Devil Wears Prada. That's the kind of duties I have.

Well, I own my own company and it's just not going anywhere. So, I told Patty that I'd work for her for longer than my initial thought was. That's when she started throwing good news to me!

First piece: I have two titles now: Personal Assistant and Wedding Planner!! Woo hoo!! I could shit a brick...literally. The other girl, Megan, is great at what she does and as a team we are going to rock!

Second piece: I am the "go to" girl for our new branch that just opened in Glenrock, WY. I will be in charge of appointments/scheduling and also questions. I can't wait!

Thirdly: I'm going to do a majority of the writing for our NEW magazine...She Said Yes! I can't wait. When I really try (aka putting effort in) I can write like nobodies business. I can't wait.

Overall, today was a good day. I love my job. My job makes me happy. My life is getting happier and happier.

Hope y'all had a great day! God bless!

3 comments:

Darci White said...

Hi there!

Thanks for becoming a "follower" of my blog! Sounds like you had a GREAT day! That's a lot of awesome news all in one day!

I need one of those - especially involving work! Ha! ;-)

Congrats!!

The Porters said...

Cute blog and *precious* little boy!

Anonymous said...

P90X DVD boxset$36.99

dvdeden
Everybody Loves Raymond Seasons 1-9 DVD Boxset
$56.99
007 James Bond 21 Movie Complete Collection
DVD Boxset
$43.99
24 Hours Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset $52.99
MASH Seasons 1-11 DVD Boxset $49.99
Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1-7 DVD
Boxset
$67.99
ER Seasons 1-12 DVD Boxset $90.99
Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $46.99
Nip Tuck Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $47.99
Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-10 DVD Boxset $65.99
Felicity Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset $43.99
Angel Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $47.99
Frasier Seasons 1-11 DVD Boxset $56.99
OZ Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset $45.99
Babylon 5 Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $51.99
Prison Break Seasons 1-3 DVD Boxset $41.99
The Golden Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset $43.99
Scrubs Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset $49.99
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset
$53.99
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset $55.99
Seinfeld Seasons 1-9 DVD Boxset $53.99
The Sopranos Seasons 1-6 DVD Boxset $47.99
Charmed Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset $59.99
Grey’s Anatomy Season 1-4 DVD Boxset $42.99
Sex And The City Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $41.99
CSI Lasvegas Seasons 1-8 DVD Boxset $66.99
Six Feet Under Seasons 1-5 DVD Boxset $44.99
House M.D Seasons 1-4 DVD Boxset $41.99
Smallville Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset $55.99
dvdeden was built in 2006, is a professional DVD online shop. It has steadily grown as we cut steps between manufactories and
customers. The goal of ours is to be a professional dealer of DVD based on honesty and make all of our customers enjoy the latest Dvds. dvdeden offers: Competitive prices, Quality products, Professional service, Secure online shopping, Delivery directly to your door.