Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Food

As most of you know, I sit here and constantly say that I need to start getting in shape and eating better. I do well for about a day then bam, I stop doing well. I know, it's all about will power but damn! It's hard work. I don't keep crap food in my house. I figure that if it's not here I won't eat it. Wrong.

I'm very good at making a quick trip to McDonalds, Taco Bell or any other place that serves wonderful, nutritious food like that LOL I'm on a tight budget. I have to stop eating out. It eats up all free money I have and in the end leaves me struggling at the end of the month. I don't have a problem with soda, thankfully.

The only other problem I have is I'm such a picky eater. I try new foods all the time. I'm not a huge fan of veggies (I try them all the time, but the taste is just awful). The only veggies I do like are lettuce, carrotts and potatoes. I know, pathetic. I love fruit, I could live on fruit alone.

I'm trying to teach my son good eating habits but he has a hard time trying new things. He has an aversion to weird textures. Any suggestions on getting him to try and like new foods?

1 comment:

carrie_whitman said...

Hey.... I don't know you, just kind of got your blog through someone else's blog, but I read your first post (your little boy is adorable), and had a suggestion.

One major thing to get kids to eat different foods is to make it "fun"... there are several books out there and I'm sure info if you google it about this. But for example cutting foods into fun shapes (really its not hard if you get a good cookie cutter), or organizing food into funny shapes. Sometimes adding a story to go along with it (remember the aunts on a log-celery, peanut butter, and raisins), silly things that don't have to be really thought out, make them up as you go... make it exciting, and make sure you eat it up too... kids will get into it.

Have you seen the "edible arrangements" baskets of fruit? If you check out their website, they do something similar with veggies... and really, this isn't a very difficult thing to do... think... toothpicks... or wood skewers. Also check out other pictures (google) that create "animals" from fruits and veggies.

Anyhow, I'm rambling and I don't even know you... LOL.

Good luck, hope this helps!