Monday, August 3, 2009

Reason #3492 Why I Strongly Dislike Mondays

Now that I'm not working, I can't really complain about Monday's, or any day really. I stay home everyday and don't really have a big schedule difference from week to weekend.

The last 3 Mondays (today included) have been the start of a new week in my running program. I hae never really enjoyed running but now I like it. It makes me tired and feel good, but also keeps me happy. In the words of Reese Witherspoon Elle Woods "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy." That statement is totally true...until today.

On Saturday evening I went to the gym and my foot started to bother me. It was bad, it was tolerable. The corpsman in me asked how bad it was on a scale of 1-10. It was maybe a 2-3. It was on the back portion of my arch on my left foot. Well, I worked through it (go me!) and dealt with it all day yesterday. Today felt the same so I went ahead, put on my running shoes and started Week 3 of my running program.

BAD IDEA! I lasted about 10 minutes before the pain just became awful. I had to stop running and just walked. I finished out my 20 minutes, quickly grabbed CJ and hobbled out to my car. I wish I could just cut off my foot right now. It really hurts :(

So now, I have my first running injury as a civilian. I had my fair share while in the Navy (shin splints, stress fractures...all that fun stuff). I am contemplating if my body is ready for running. I have a couple days to think about it. If not, it's back to the elliptical I go.

In more exciting news...I left CJ with my dad for about 1 1/2 hours on Saturday evening so I could go to the gym. When I got home, CJ came running to the door screaming "MOMMY!". He knocked me over with a huge hug and said "I missed my mommy very much". I love being a mom...

No comments: