Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hey God, It's Me!

I consider myself a Christian.  I am just really bad and acting like one.  I have different views that what the Bible teaches and I've acted in such a way that I'm surprised I haven't been shunned from Heaven.

I know that no one is perfect.  I've committed a lot of sins.  We all sin daily.  It's part of human nature.  The last couple weeks or so it has been weighing heavily on me that something needs to change.  I used to go to a private Christian school, but even then I was never "on fire" for God.

After dating B, I realized how important Christ really is in life.  B, is an atheist.  There, I said it.  I thought would be okay with it because I was starting to consider myself for "spiritual" than religious.  Yeah, that wasn't workin out so well.  I have looked down on "hard core" "Bible thumping" Christians.  I'll admit it.  Was it a nice thing to do? Uh, NO!  We all have been given the gift of free will.  I chose to do more harm than good with my free will.

I've turned over a new leaf.  I feel that I'm being drawn closer and that I need to take care of my responsibilities.  I am a strong person, but without God I am weak. 

I didn't know where to start when it came time to get back on the path of righteousness.  I emailed a girl I've known since high school.  She is an amazing and smart woman.  She is on fire for Christ and it shows.  She's going to help me/talk to me.  I feel very fortunate to have her in my life :)

Thank you God for everything you have given me.  Thank you God for loving me unconditionally.

No comments: