Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm so proud!

Last night I was putting CJ to bed. I'll admit, I have been slacking the last couple weeks and letting him sleep in my bed. Last night though, I decided that I was going get him started back into the normal routine. Bath, story, sing a song then lights out.

So after our story last night I asked him what he wanted to sing.

CJ: Monkeys!

Me: We'll do two monkeys tonight, it's late. (It was nearing 10, we got home a bit late)

CJ: No, five two monkeys. He laughed. I love his laugh

Me: Okay, we'll do five monkeys but you have to help count, k? He then smiled at me and looked at me expectantly.

The way we sing the 10 Little Monkeys song is I'll sing the first word or two of a line then he finishes it. Usually he only says the main words. For example:

Me: Two little

CJ: Monkey!

Me: Jumping on the

CJ: Bed!

Me: One fell off and

CJ: Bumpeded head!

Me: Momma called the

CJ: Dodder

Me: And the doctor said?

CJ: No no monkeys jumped on bed!

But last night was sooo different. He said all the words. Down to the words like: his, more, the. He has started using prepositions correctly!

As you all know, he's been in speech for almost 7-8 months. I cannot express how excited I am! We have been working so hard to get him to talk. He has started enunciating his words and saying all the words in a sentence.

I know some of you are thinking, "big deal", but really, this is. CJ is close to a year and a half behind his peers and now he's starting to catch up. We have been working so hard for awhile and it's so great to see the time and dedication working!

In other news :) CJ and I are going to Denver this weekend and going to see the Parade of Lights. He has started realizing what Christmas is. He loves Christmas lights and trees. We're going to be learning the true meaning of Christmas this year as well.

CJ is growing so fast and I love it. He's no longer a baby anymore, but a little boy. He's very much a boy! He's become so imaginative and loves to pretend. He sings and dances and loves to tell stories. You would not recognize him!

1 comment:

Ashley Beth said...

Hi Amber!
I have your gloriously cozy robe to mail to you, but I don't know where to mail it to. If you want me to, I can mail it to a work address or a PO Box too. If you are like me, you are probably cautious of giving out your address online! E-mail me at ashburger01@yahoo.com with the info. and I'll get it to you. Have a great day!
Ashley