Thursday, February 5, 2009

ugh

It's early...well for me anyway. It's about 6:20 am and I'm sleepy. I'm trying to make travel arrangements and nothing is getting done easily. I can't find a flight without a bazillion connections. I can't pay with it all on one card (thank you daily limits). Hotels near the base are annoyingly expensive...yada yada yada. Why can't something that's supposed to be fun also be painless?? Is this a sign a shouldn't go??

Go where you might be asking. Well, long story short, I'm head to Portsmouth, Virginia for Valentine's Day weekend. My friend, Curt, is stationed out there :) It was going to be a surprise. I was just gonna show up, but that's been a lot harder that I imagined.

I am not familiar with the area at all. I'll have my son with me and needed to know where to avoid. Do I really need a rental car? Is he on duty that weekend or working? Yes, I used to be prior Navy and I know that I always got duty at the most inconvenient times, so it was a worry of mine. I had to tell him that I was indeed coming out there.

CJ's excited for the airplane ride but I had already told him that for his bday he'd go on an airplane to Disneyland. He thinks that this is that time. I explain it's not and he doesn't get it. I'm in deep doo doo LOL

Wish me luck ladies on surviving this travel booking adventure. Then keeping myself healthy and un-injured so I can leave the 13th! Yay me!!

God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Good luck hey! And enjoy your lovely Valentines weekend over there.. Have tons of fun!

Alicia said...

Good Luck! I hope you have a great flight and a wonderful Valentines Weekend!