Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Screw sky diving for a rush, I'm getting skinny!

I'd like for you all to take a moment and notice that weight loss ticker says 18 pounds lost. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited :)  I forgot to update it last week, but wow, it feels good. 

I haven't been measuring myself, but I can see the changes.  I'm currently a size 14 and L/XL kind of girl, but not for long!  I'm almost in the 160's!  I haven't been in the 160's since I was in the Navy!  I was 175 when I got pregnant-I weigh less than that now!

So lets see, when I joined the Navy I was sittin in the 150's, then I learned to spend money on food and gained about 10 lb's before I went in.  I almost didn't get to go in because of my weight!  Ouch!  I lost 11 lb's in boot camp and was pretty happy.  The jiggle went away.  Then I got married and started packin it on.  I gained it all back, then some.  I never ever made weight with the Navy, but by meaurement I did make it...whew!  When I  got pregnant I was 175ish and when I delivered I was 206!  I got back down to the high 170's then got out of the Navy.  Came  home and became a lard ass.  I ballooned up to 197.  Ouch.  I tried Weight Watchers and lost 10 pounds but decided to stop doing it because I would figure out how much crap I could fit into my point level each day.  I kept those pounds off for about 10 months and decided I wanted to wear a bikini like everyone else. 

My 25th birthday was coming up and I wanted to look hot...so I started losing weight.  So, in July 2008 I weighed 197.  July 2009 I weighed in the high 180's and now in November 2009 (the 18th to be exact) I weigh 171 pounds. 

I consider myself an adrenaline junkie, but let me tell you-there is no rush greater than putting on a pair of jeans that are a little snug and having them slide right on.  There is no rush greater than not having a shirt be so tight-that it actually fits appropriately.  Screw sky diving for a rush, I'm getting skinny!

2 comments:

Little Match Girl said...

Yay for you...maybe that will be some motivation for me! You keep up the good work!!

Nicoolmama said...

Keep up the good work Amber!!