Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

As all of you know, it is election day. November 4th. I've never voted before so I didn't know what I was in for. I expected a small piece of paper that had Barack Obama and John McCain's names on them and you circle the name you want. Well, I was in for a surprise! Did you know there were like 12 names listed for President/VP candidates? Then all the supreme court judges-do we keep them in or not? There were also amendments to be voted on but the description was so long, wordy and some words I didn't understand...anyway, I think I voted well.

Speaking of election day, I was asked over the weekend by a five year old who I was voting for. I told him (CJ's friend An'don) that I didn't know and asked why he wanted to know. He looked at me like a grew I second head and said, "You shouldn't vote for Obama because he thinks it's okay to kill babies that are in their mommy's tummy." My face fell to the floor. Literally...he's five! What does he know?? LOL Apparently a lot more than I thought!

I'll have my "I Voted" picture up later. I can't seem to keep track of my cord for my camera. It's Samsung and heaven forbid they use a normal size USB cord!

On a different note, I revamped my website. I've noticed of couple of typos that I'm changing right after this but I thought I'd get your opinion. www.AmberWEvents.com

Hope you all voted and feel confident in your choice! Have a great day!

Amber

1 comment:

Nicoolmama said...

You never voted before? Seriously?!?