Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's November

It's November. Mind you only November 2nd and guess what I saw walking around the mall yesterday??? Christmas! I'm not ready for Christmas...yet.

It's still in the 70's here and considering it hasn't snowed yet it makes me wonder how "un snowy" the winter is going to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm so not a snow person but occasionally it's nice.

Anyway, CJ did lots of trick or treating on Friday. He was a firefighter...not a fireman. He ran around the block making a siren noise and proceeded to tell people that he was in fact a fire truck. All in all we had a lot of fun trick or treating. Halloween is always fun around here.

And for myself, not a whole lot of updating. I am in the process of partnering up with The Body Shop to help raise money for a local charity called Crossroads Safe House. It's a place that battered women can come to rebuild their life. They offer places to live, legal help, job assistance...everything you can think of. I'll have more details on that soon.

I'm also volunteering time with String of Pearls (http://www.stringofpearlsonline.org/). String of Pearls was created to provide a nurturing and safe place for families as they navigate the path following a fatal prenatal diagnosis that will result in the death of their baby prior to, or shortly after birth.

I hope everyone is happy and healthy. Be safe and God bless!

Love,
Amber

No comments: