Monday, July 20, 2009

Ode to my Nike Plus

So for quite awhile now (18 months-ish) I've been keeping my iPod adapter for my Nike Plus locked up. It was in such a pretty box! Anyway, I broke it out this weekend!

It is seriously the coolest toy! Inside my shoe sits the counter and then I plug the connector into my iPod and it records it! I can then go the website and download it. It keeps track of it all! Oh, and it gets even better!

I'm an awful runner. I mean, I run down my cul-de-sac and I'm dying. Well, they have running programs. They have programs for wimpy runners like me all the way up to training for a marathon! The program I chose is going from 0 to running a steady 5k. It's a six week program. It has cardio 3-4 times a week. I'm very excited!!

Today is day one for me! The work out is 20 minutes long. Walk for 1 minute then Run for 1 minute and continue to alternate for 20 minutes. I usually do at least 40 min on the treadmill (walking at 3.5 and incline between 3.0 and 3.5) so I'll start with this cardio work out then finish up my walk!

Go me! I'm so excited. If you want to join, or know someone that wants to join, send them my way! I'd love a workout buddy-even if it is virtual!

God bless!

No comments: